SWK Holdings Corporation is a NASDAQ listed life science finance company that provides custom financing solutions to companies and royalty owners. SWK is a market leader in the $5mm to $25mm funding space and is considered a partner of choice for emerging life science and select healthcare service companies. Since inception SWK has completed over $600mm of transactions. SWK is a C-Corp/permanent capital vehicle and provides financings through its own balance sheet as well as through its investment advisory clients. SWK also owns Enteris Biopharma, a CDMO and drug delivery platform.
ANALYST JOB DESCRIPTION
The Analyst will have a wide array of responsibilities including new transaction evaluation, portfolio monitoring, and general operational assistance. SWK is a flat organization and the Analyst will report directly to senior management. The Analyst will take an active role in the evaluation and structuring of transactions which will enable him or her to experience all aspects of the private credit underwriting process. Regarding operational support, the Analyst will assist on regular portfolio monitoring, quarterly reporting, and ad hoc projects to support SWK’s business functions. The Analyst will be working on a small deal team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and the position requires a highly motivated, self-starter.
- Perform deep dive product analysis and market research
- Prepare financial models with sensitivity case scenarios
- Underwrite and support loan-to-value analysis
- Interact with management teams and deal intermediaries to structure transactions and facilitate deal completion
- Liaise with external consultants including accounting, legal, IP, industry consultants, and investment bankers
- Assist with investment committee presentations and memosAn
Successful candidate must possess a strong entrepreneurial streak, as they will be part of a growing team with varied responsibilities throughout the Firm. Additional requirements include:
- 1-5 years of experience in private credit or a similar environment that demonstrates knowledge of financial modeling and complex capital structures
- While we will prefer candidates with life science investment or consulting experience, SWK is willing to teach a highly motivated and intellectually curious individual
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Robust excel skills particularly in financial modeling
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a direct and open communication style
- Self-motivated and highly productive in independent work
- Able to envision, prioritize and thoroughly complete projects autonomously
- Team fit
- Strong links to Texas preferred
TIMING: Early 2022 start
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your current resume.