SWK Holdings Corporation is a NASDAQ-listed life science finance company that provides custom financing solutions to companies and royalty owners. SWK is a market leader in the $5mm to $25mm funding space and is considered a partner of choice for emerging life science and select healthcare service companies. Since its inception, SWK has completed over $600mm of financings with a 20% IRR on realized transactions. SWK is a C-Corp/permanent capital vehicle and provides financings through its own balance sheet and investment advisory clients. SWK also owns Enteris Biopharma, a CDMO and drug delivery platform.
ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Associate will enjoy a comprehensive array of responsibilities, including initial evaluation and triage for inbound investment opportunities, new investment execution (diligence, structure, document, close), and portfolio monitoring. SWK maintains a structurally flat and socially collaborative environment, and the Associate will have open and continuous access to senior investment professionals. This comprehensive responsibility set, along with access to seasoned investment professionals, will allow the Associate to develop as core competencies each aspect of the private credit investing process. Additionally, given the unique market segment and frequency with which SWK invests, the Associate will build a personal portfolio of closed deals comprised of highly structured alternative assets.
- Take initial calls with management teams (CEOs, CFOs, etc.) and intermediaries to evaluate and triage new investment opportunities
- Develop a diligence roadmap and conduct research that is specific to the business, sector, and context of the investment opportunity
- Leverage SWK’s network of external consultants (accounting, legal, IP, industry consultants, investment bankers, etc.) to assist in due diligence and thesis development
- Prepare investment memos that concisely present findings, thesis, and recommendations to Investment Committee
- Post-closing, track and monitor portfolio investments
- Ad hoc assistance in other key areas of macro business strategy and management
The successful candidate will possess a strong entrepreneurial streak, as they will be part of a growing team with varied responsibilities throughout the Firm. Additional requirements include:
- 1-5 years of experience in private credit or a similar environment that demonstrates knowledge of financial modeling and complex capital structures
- While we will prefer candidates with life science investment or consulting experience, SWK is willing to teach a highly motivated and intellectually curious individual
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Robust excel skills, particularly in financial modeling
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a direct and open communication style
- Self-motivated and highly productive in independent work
- Able to envision, prioritize and thoroughly complete projects autonomously
- Team fit
- Strong links to Texas preferred
- If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your current resume.